Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Addy's 18 month check-up

Addison had her 18 month check-up Monday. She is very healthy and weighs 28 pounds and is 33 inches tall.

Dr. P said that we should try to break her of the pacifier and bottle. He also suggested that we move her to a toddler bed.

Addy is our only "good" sleeper. When you put her in her crib, she goes to bed with little to no fuss. After having two kids that still don't want to sleep in their beds, Addy is amazing! So the thought of transitioning her to a toddler bed - where she can get out - is not appealing to us at this point. So Chad and I decide to try to tackle the paci and bottle issues. We decide to let her have her paci at nap, bedtime and in the car. And we decide to try to just give her sippy cups. So that afternoon, I give her a sippy cup full of milk. Addy throws it at me and says "NO!!! BA-BA!!!!"

That same afternoon Addy brought me a diaper and laid down on the floor to be changed. When I told her I need wipes, she got up went into the closet, got wipes and another diaper, handed them to me and laid back on the floor.

She is brilliant! :)

No comments: