Raegan had her five-year check-up Monday. Because she is starting kindergarten this fall, I knew she would be getting shots. Caden handled her shots like a trooper. She didn't cry or make a fuss, even though I know it hurt. For the most part, Raegan is very easy going, but she can also be the very stubborn. So I was not sure how she would handle the shots.So I casually mention to her that she may get a shot. She tells me that she doesn't think she will. When we get to the appointment, the nurse says that she is due four shots. Raegan tells the nurse. "No, I don't think the doctor will give me any today."
So after her checkup, the nurse brings in the syringes. Raegan's eyes get big and she says "What are those?" I tell her that she has to get four shots today and the meltdown began. Thank God Chad was with me. She kicked and flailed and screamed. And screamed. And screamed. Raegan screamed from the time she realized she was getting a shot until we got to the car. I was so embarrassed. And then for the rest of the day, she walked with her legs straight to "show" how much pain she was in.
But on a positive note, she is healthy. Raegan is 43 inches tall and weighs 49 pounds.
No comments:
Post a Comment